Subic Bay Freeport Zone or just plain Subic Bay (some would just like to call it Subic) is a former US Naval Base that has been successfully converted into a tax- and duty-free zone operated and managed by the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA).
Subic Bay is home to:
- the Subic Bay International Airport (formerly known as Cubi Point)
- Subic Bay Port
- Bunkers built by the Americans and now being used as homes / rent shelters
- Ocean Adventure theme park
- Zoobic Safari Wildlife and Theme park
- Wild (“out in the wild”) monkeys (you will see them along the streets)